September 28, 2014

My Take on Green Juice

Oh, the famous green juice! I started making my own for the past month and I'm loving it. I always thought you needed a great juicer to make these but with my student budget I need to work with what I have and a nice little blender does the job! So here is my version, but you can try with other types of fruits and vegetables. 



Ingredients:
  • 1 cup of kale or spinach
  • 1 apple
  • 2 kiwi
  • 1 green tea bag
  • 1 cup of water 
  • 1 tablespoon of agave nectar
  • 1 tablespoon of chia seed
  • 1 tablespoon of flax seed
First, I start with heating the water and make a cup of green tea. While the tea is cooling down, start prepping all the other ingredients, cutting the fruits and vegetables to make it easier when mixing. Put them all together in the blender, add the green tea and the agave nectar for sweeten. If the cup of tea isn't enough just add more water to make it more liquid. After everything is well mix, add the chia seed and/or flax seed that are known as superfood seeds a good source of omega-3 fats and fiber. 
Now you're ready to go! Enjoy! 

xx


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment (and of course, for reading my post!). xx