March 18, 2014

Don't strive to be better than others; strive to be better than your best self.

“The way to gain a good reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear.”- Socrates

Scrolling through old photos in my phone I came upon this quote, which I saved it for a reason. I'm very glad I did because it's something that I need to constantly remind myself. Don't worry, I'm not going to get too "deep" and serious in here. I like this blog to have a positive atmosphere, but I thought I might share it because maybe someone out there, just like me, needs to be reminded of how important you really are and never hide to be yourself. I think it's okay to have role models to look up to, but never forget that we all different individuals with the potential to do great things and be our own person. It's a little difficult when society wants something from you or people telling you how you must live your life. And again, that can be good but sometimes I feel like I can 'lose myself'. This is only a small reflection that I had this morning - try to do your best, do the things you love and truly care about and never give up
 --
{Dreaming} I would like to be outdoors in the nature, where there is green grass, feel the warmth from the sun and later at night look at the sky and appreciate the light and forms of the stars. It makes me feel at peace in those moments when I realize how tiny I am in this universe.  

Thank you for reading & have a nice Tuesday!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment (and of course, for reading my post!). xx