January 24, 2015

Travel Makeup Essentials

So I need to start this post by stating that I'm not whatsoever a beauty expert or a beauty guru. This is just to show how much makeup you can survive with while traveling without taking your whole makeup collection. I know it's something we all might struggle with leaving things behind because of the "what if..." or the "just in case". Living away from home as a college student and four years living in a small room sharing it with a roommate has teached me ways to differentiate between the stuff that I do really need from the stuff that just takes up space. So here we go...
Foundation · Concealer · Blush
For me the most important is the concealer, this can help a lot with under eye circles, hyperpigmentation and scars left my nasty pimples. Having a full coverage concealer that matches your skin tone can make a difference and save you from wearing foundation every single day. Making you look more awake and bright, ready for a day for adventures without spending too much time applying makeup. For those days that you'll want a full coverage don't forget your trusty foundation or BB cream. For the blush I like to carry around at least two, one neutral that looks natural and not very obvious so that can be used everyday and the other a little bit more rosy (or red, depending what you want to go for) for a more special occasion.

Products Pictured:  L'OrĂ©al True Match Concealer, MAC Studio Fix, Just Beyond Angel Aqua CC Cream, MAC Powder Blush in "Pinch Me"

Let's not forget the powder for setting the makeup and for a less greasy look. I have a very oily T-zone so finding a good powder that worked was a little bit difficult. It still is but I've found the Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder does an amazing job and it's student budget friendly. You can tell by the pic that I love this product!

Mascara · Eyeshadow · Eyebrows
If you have sensitive eyes I really do recommend the Clinique mascaras, they never fail on me and don't irritate my eyes. Very sadly I'm still on the look out for a drugstore mascara that doesn't make my eyes red after wearing them for a few hours. But if you are lucky, places like Sephora give away samples once in while, of course they don't last but the packaging is perfect for traveling. For eyeshadows having a small palette might be a good idea. I like the Naked Basics by Urban Decay because it has everything I need - neutral colors, matte and the packaging is small. Even thought it might be expensive for student budget I think is a great investment because they are really pigmented so they will last for a long time. Plus you can work with them to fill your eyebrows as well. Something less expensive and still a great product? The Maybelline Color Tattoo!

Products Pictured: Make Up For Ever Smoky Extravagant Mascara, Maybelline Color Tattoo in "Bad to the Bronze" and "Creamy Beige"
Lipsticks · Lip gloss · Lip stains
This is by far my favorite makeup product and I have way too many for it to be healthy. What I do is try to vary from lip product and colors. For casual days I like using natural looking colors or a soft pink, something that doesn't stand out but adds a bit of color. An example, the NYX lip glosses have a variety of colors and are really pigmented. And Revlon lip stains are amazing if you want the color to last for hours even after having breakfast, lunch, etc. For the evening I find it perfect to experiment with colors especially if I'm on vacation or a dark color lipstick look amazing and very elegant .

Products Pictured: NYX Butter Glosses, MAC "Shy Girl", Revlon Color Stay Just Bitten in "Honey", Rimmel Finish Matte lipstick in 107 

I hope this post helped even a little bit for your future travels or enjoyed looking around my makeup bag. Oh, I should mention this bag is like a year old from Forever 21 (just in case, if you were wondering!). I would be glad if you can share any recommendations! Always looking around to try new things.

Have a safe trip!
xx

bloglovin' | instagram | twitter 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment (and of course, for reading my post!). xx