March 10, 2015

Entertainment & Lifestyle | What I've Been Loving Recently?


WHAT I'VE BEEN LOVING RECENTLY

➀ "Yes Please" by Amy Poehler. I've never been someone who's interested in autobiographies or memoir books, but since I read Not That Kind of Girl I decided to give this one a shot. I love everything that has to do with comedy, so to pick this book was a no brainer. I'm still a few chapters away from finishing it, but I like it so far. I recommend it if you are into sarcasm and not taking things too seriously. It is a very entertaining book even if you don't know much about Amy Poehler or a huge fan of SNL.

➁ Music need to be included on this list because it's part of my life. Also, I love discovering new music. Lately I've been putting this few songs on repeat. I find them very soothing and perfect as a background music while studying or just relaxing at the end of the day.

Quiet Nights - Catching Flies
Infinite Cities - The Bright Light Social Hour
Long Night - Guster
Awake - Tycho
Big Jet Plane - Angus & Julia Stone

➂ Waking up early. This one is huge for a night owl like me. But since January, studies and work has made me realize the importance of going to bed early and waking up very very (very) early. I noticed that I don't feel the same through the day if I don't have my usual morning rituals. For example, I need to have my daily intake of caffeine, a good breakfast and to take my time to get ready. And I can see a huge difference in my performance through the day comparing it when I used to wake up late and rush everything in the morning. That it's not good, I end up being tired and annoyed by noon. Waking up early has made me more productive, more alert, and overall happier. Of course, then Friday comes and I have a little happy dance because I can enjoy a good long sleep!

Hope you're having a lovely day!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment (and of course, for reading my post!). xx