November 10, 2014

Autumn Pancakes

Breakfast time it’s my favorite part of the day. A lot of times before going to bed I think and plan a little of what I’m going to have for breakfast. Funny or weird? I don’t know! Last week I had a really bad craving for pancakes. Instead of going the easy method of using an already made mix from the store I went to kitchen and checked out what I had and what I could use. It ended up pretty well if you ask me and I think they have a very “autumn” taste because of the spices. Almond flour pancakes are pretty well known, so there are a lot of recipes out there on the web but here is what I did.
Ingredients: 
  • ½ cup of Almond Flour 
  • ½ cup of Almond Milk (or water) 
  • Pinch of baking soda 
  • Pinch of salt 
  • Cinnamon (use as much as you like) 
  • Vanilla essence (I just used the bottle lid for measuring) 
  • 1 egg 
  • Coconut oil (for cooking)
Mix the flour with cinnamon, baking soda, salt and milk. When the mix gets the consistency you like (I like the mix to be a little heavy, not to runny) add a little bit of vanilla and the egg. Mix again until everything is blended together. Add some coconut oil to the frying pan or you can use anything else (butter, no-stick cooking spray, etc.) for the pancakes to not stick to the pan, just a little bit of oil does the job. Put it in medium heat and pour the mix. Let it sit around 2 minutes or until you see it’s cooked in one side. Flip it and wait around two more minutes. I like mine to be a little crusty so I wait even more until golden. When they’re done, serve with any kind of topping like fresh fruits, maple syrup or even chocolate, yum! Enjoy! 

Have a nice week! 
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment (and of course, for reading my post!). xx