September 28, 2013

Let's talk about makeup


It's been a while since I've talked about makeup. The reasons why is because I'm not very good at giving reviews and second, I'm not a a professional or 'beauty guru'. But since summer I've been having a few purchases and this is what I've been loving so far. Like really, I use all of this daily (except when I stay at home)! I'll start with the eyeshadows, for a while I've wanted to spent a little bit of money in good quality eyeshadows so I went to Sephora and got the Urban Decay Naked Basics palette. I'll be honest the price made my credit card cry a little but so far I think the money was worth it. A really good starting palette and if you like natural colors. And my latest addiction is the Maybelline Color Tattoo, I have the Bad to the Bronze and this is really good. I was a little hesitant since is a cream eyeshadow and I have oily/combination skin so I though this will be awful and smudge all around my eyes. But it doesn't! And this will last me for a while since they are really pigmented. Gotta have the rest for sure! 

For the lips, I really need lip balms in my life since my lips chapped so quickly so I tried the famous EOS in Raspberry and I'm hooked! They moisturize really good and their cute shape is a plus! The next product is the Revlon lip stain called Just Bitten Kissable in the color Honey. This is my first time trying out lip stain (I'm more of a lipstick girl) and after watching a video from Essiebutton Youtube Channel (love her videos!) I wanted to check them out. Honey is a pretty color to use everyday (which I've done!) and they stay like forever?! Really good if you don't like to touch up every time you eat/drink/etc. The only think I dislike is the minty smell but it doesn't last for long so I don't mind. The other favorite it the Rimmel Lasting Finish lipstick by Kate Moss in 107. At first I thought I didn't need this color since I got a similar one. But oh so glad I did pick this up! Really pretty especially now for F/W time and it does last a lot. The color goes from a very dark burgundy and if you don't touch up it goes slightly pink through they day, which I love. 

Last but not least it's the Benefit Watt's Up cream highlighter. This is a sample I've got back in March for my birthday at Sephora but never tried it since I thought "I don't need to highlight my face if I've got an oily face!" but I tried it and if applied the right way it looks really pretty. I mostly use it for the eye area (the corners) and I little bit at the top of my cheeks and instantly I look alive (haha if that makes sence!).

Uff! Done with the rambling! If you've read this far, here have a cookie!
Have a nice weekend!
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment (and of course, for reading my post!). xx